Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Day One

Yesterday was the first meeting of the Contemporary History of Photography. The class went differently than I expected. The atmosphere was much more relaxed and cordial than I am used to. I have taken a lot of art history classes, and I have never been in a lecture class that has quite this feel. I am really excited to see how the class progresses and to have the chance to interact and explore with my professor and classmates. I am also excited because I have not had the opportunity to study a lot of contemporary artists. We are living in a unique period for art history. Our lives are almost saturated with art because we constantly see it online and in ads. I think that it will be really interesting to take a look at some of the photographers that are doing (or have done) work like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment